Dear fellows, we are glad to inform you that the Armenian Scinece Citation Index (ASCI) will be launched soon. The project presented by the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring of IIAP NAS RA “Towards the Internationalization of the Armenian Science: Armenian Science Citation Index” was among the winers of the RA MESCS State Committee competition “Towards the selection of applications for scientific topics to support the strengthening of scientific groups or laboratories.”
Within the framework of the project we are planning to create one joint scientific information-analytical platform. Within the framework of the program it is expected to:
• Explore similar international and regional / national platforms.
• Develop and introduce mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of Armenian scientific organizations, groups, and individual scientists based on the ASCI.
• Develop and introduce tools for evaluating the effectiveness of Armenian scientific journals using ASCI.
• Study and evaluate the scientific potential of the Republic of Armenia via scientometrics instruments.
• Present the scientific potential of the Republic of Armenia and scientific products in modern international scientific information systems.
• Contribute to the indexing of Armenian journals in international scientific databases.
The ASCI will become a system of analysis of the scientific activities of Armenian scientists, scientific organizations, and development of Armenian journals, which will be integrated into international scientific databases in the future. ASCI will contribute to increasing the visibility of Armenian science in international scientific platforms.
The head of CSIAM Shushanik Sargsyan participated in the EaPConnect's OpenAire Training/workshop on June 4-5 in Kiev. During the workshop different services and tools of OpenAIRE was presented. Also, Open data, Open Science conceptions were discussed and how National scientific and educational networks can be applyed.read more
ArmJIF of 83 Armenian scientific journals were calculated and released by the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring. You can find information about ArmJIF of the Armenian journals, as well as make searches according to journals’ scientific fields through the following link: http://csiam.sci.am/en/magazines/read more
On September 28-29, 2022, in Budapest took place “EOSC Regional Event” conference, organized by NI4OS-Europe (National Initiatives for Open Science in Europe). The conference was focused on the areas of European Open Science Cloud, Open Science, the policy aspect of it, as well as the researcher view on services and infrastructure. The conference drew attention to the importance of the...read more