Dear fellows, we are glad to inform you that the Armenian Scinece Citation Index (ASCI) will be launched soon. The project presented by the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring of IIAP NAS RA “Towards the Internationalization of the Armenian Science: Armenian Science Citation Index” was among the winers of the RA MESCS State Committee competition “Towards the selection of applications for scientific topics to support the strengthening of scientific groups or laboratories.”
Within the framework of the project we are planning to create one joint scientific information-analytical platform. Within the framework of the program it is expected to:
• Explore similar international and regional / national platforms.
• Develop and introduce mechanisms for evaluating the effectiveness of Armenian scientific organizations, groups, and individual scientists based on the ASCI.
• Develop and introduce tools for evaluating the effectiveness of Armenian scientific journals using ASCI.
• Study and evaluate the scientific potential of the Republic of Armenia via scientometrics instruments.
• Present the scientific potential of the Republic of Armenia and scientific products in modern international scientific information systems.
• Contribute to the indexing of Armenian journals in international scientific databases.
The ASCI will become a system of analysis of the scientific activities of Armenian scientists, scientific organizations, and development of Armenian journals, which will be integrated into international scientific databases in the future. ASCI will contribute to increasing the visibility of Armenian science in international scientific platforms.
For the first time in Armenia Basic course on Scientometrics was launched at the Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems, NAS RA. The course was developed by the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring within the TEMPUS ARMAZEG project. The course is intended for the master students.read more
Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring is a member of International Society for Scientometrics and Informetricsread more
Junior researcher of the Center for Scientific Information Analysis and Monitoring (CSIAM) of IIAP NAS RA Maria Ohanyan participated in the seminar "Digital Youth Work and Innovation" on May 29-31 in Warsaw. Within three days 100 participants from European Union, Eastern Partnership and Balkan countries - youth workers and youth leaders – had an opportunity to discuss about education, innovation...read more